We have two sergers available for use at FABRIC.
The Louet Spinning Wheel has long held the reputation as one of the premier yarn making tools from Holland. Each professional quality spinning wheel uses a single belt bobbin drive, which allows users to easily regulate the tension with the adjustable flyer brake. Now designed to better handle fine to medium yarns, accessories may be purchased to use the wheel for larger yarns. Sturdy hardwood construction is built to last as the birch inspired laminate provides long lasting beauty.
Even larger knitted items, even more possibilities, even more fun with knitting; The add-Express “Kingsize” model is mounted onto the table and remains securely in position. The machine leaves nothing to be desired. Simply turn the ideally placed handle and the “Kingsize” will begin to turn. With the 46 sturdy pins, you will be knitting trendy scarves and woolly hats within a matter of minutes and you will be knitting smart stolas and jumpers within a few hours. All of the pin have a number so that they can be simply accelerated and decelerated and the electronic row counter enables work to be carried out with precision. Measurements: Circular knitting-35 centimeters, Flat Knitting-45 centimeters (Yarns from 3 to 8 centimeters are possible).
- Includes: 46 needles, needle holder, decrease needle, 5 replacement needles, 4 basefeet, 2 screw hooks for stable table mounting, digital row counter with memory function.
- Knitting Properties: suitable for yarn count 4-8, circular knitting: approx. 10 inch to 15 inch diameter, flat knitting: approx. 18 inch wide
The machine at FABRIC is even more advanced! We have 3D printed a part to connect a motor to our knitting machine, so that you can save your arm the pain of cranking it yourself. Make knitted fabric to be used on our sergers to sew anything you can image!
Currently we have 6 sewing machines:
- Brother CS6000i
- Brother PROJECT RUNWAY
- 4 basic sewing machines
We have 3 free standing looms and 2 table looms at FABRIC.
The ability to reserve looms is coming soon!
The Silhouette CAMEO® is the ultimate DIY machine. It uses a small blade to cut over 100 materials, including paper, cardstock, vinyl, and fabric up to 12 in. wide. The CAMEO has the ability to register and cut printed materials and is PixScan™ compatible. What does this mean for you? It is our machine that has the largest cutting space and is most versatile in the materials it can cut.
12 inch by 12 inch cutting mats available at FABRIC.
To use our longarm you must be certified!
There is a reservation system for certified users to request a specific day/time to use the longarm.
Note when placing a reservation: if you are not a member, just put a zero in the member field.
Purchase your sessions here:
$25 for 3 hours
$75 for 4 sessions of 3 hours each, 12 hours total
The features of our HQ Simply Sixteen longarm:
- Ergonomic front handlebars with touchscreen control
- Additional rear handlebars for pantograph quilting
- Laser guide system
- 1,800 stitches per minute
- LED light ring
- Handi Feet mount with quarter-inch ruler foot installed; open-toe foot included
- Two modes of HQ stitch regulation: Precision and Cruise
- Manual mode with two customizable preset speeds
- Consistent stitch quality from 4 to 18 stitches per inch
- Needle-stop positioning control
- High-speed rotary hook with large-capacity M-class bobbin
- Easy needle change with ergonomic thumb screw
- Five large-capacity M-class bobbins, 20 needles, sample thread pack
- Quilting alarm and project timer
- Four language options: English, French, German and Spanish
- Built-in diagnostics